Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wedding Week: Day 4

Hello all! It's certainly been a while. We are in the midst of craziness--wedding week. As most of you know or remember, my sister got engaged while I was euro-cationing in Italy. The wedding is already this Saturday! I cannot believe that this year has gone so quickly! I'll catch you up on what's been happening thus far...

School wise: I had a grueling schedule of Anatomy and Physiology, Physics, Calculus, and Abnormal Psychology, in addition to a 1-credit Biology Senior Seminar Series. To top it off, I've stayed busy with a job working as a Writing Center Tutor and a Developmental Biology Lab TA. I also work as the Physical Therapy Club treasurer and Joint Events Council Traditions Chair. Needless to say my time is very much occupied up at school. I can hardly believe that I have one semester left and my current focus is concentrated on graduate school. I've applied to six schools: University of Mary (Bismarck), LaCrosse, St. Kate's, St. Scholastica, University of Nebraska Medical Center and Creighton. While I'm still in the interview process, I have yet to be rejected by any schools, which I take to be good news.

Having been born and raised in the midwest, I know you can always count on the unpredictable nature of midwest weather. That being said, the weather seemed to be taking a turn for the worse early in the week. With the wedding on Thursday I attempted to persuade UNMC to allow me to interview at a later date, as I did not want to take the chance of being late for the wedding festivities. I had to withdraw for Wednesday and they plan on letting me know about a later interview date. Cross your fingers!

So today I find myself already in Milwaukee, in hopes that we would beat the weather. Turns out we drove through the worst of it. Tonight will be low-key before the real wedding events begin. My twin sister Katie, my parents, the bride and groom, his parents and myself will eat dinner tonight out at a restaurant. I'll try to keep updates of the wedding weekend as it proceeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment